Sunday 3 December 2017

Let’s Get Christmassy…with Carol Warham



We’re getting festive here with some special peeps and today we get Christmassy with 

Carol Warham

Hello Carol

Please tell us a little about you and if you are a reader, Blogger or author.



Hi Pauline. I’m an author. My debut novel, Resolutions, was released on August 9th 2017, so I’m very new to this.
I’ve written since I was a small child, when I used to make comics for my dolls and my friends.  As the family grew, writing went on a back burner, but in recent years I’ve had a few successes with it. I’ve had short stories, travel articles and poetry published, so a few years ago I decided to have a go at writing a novel, Resolutions is the result.

I live with my husband, and our dog Sam, in a small Yorkshire village. Both my daughters and grandchildren live close by, so I’m very lucky.



What is your favourite Christmas memory?



I think every Christmas has a special memory, particularly as we always celebrated as a family.
However one Christmas will always be a favourite memory. About fifteen years ago, we lost my father in law, he was missed greatly. My mother in law was struggling to deal with her loss and we decided we had to do something different for Christmas, otherwise the gap at the table would have seemed enormous.
We booked for the three of us to spend Christmas in an Austrian castle. It was everything you may imagine.  The scenery was stunning and Christmas was magical.



What is your favourite Christmas food?


Roast potatoes and roast parsnips!  We always have a very traditional Christmas meal, turkey with all the trimmings, and I love roasties.



What is your favourite Christmas song?


I’m not a lover of Christmas Carols particularly (despite my name!) although I do enjoy listening to Carols from Kings.  One particular song I do enjoy is the lovely David Essex singing Just Another Winter’s Tale.



What is your favourite Christmas photo? Please tell us why



As with most families we take hundreds of photos at Christmas time. However I must return to the Austrian Christmas for a favourite photo.  Mum in Law loved being there and after a traumatic time for her it was lovely to see a smile on her face again.



You can find Carol at all these places ....








Please come back tomorrow to find out what makes Phoebe Morgan Christmas Christmassy


2 comments:

Carol Warham said...

Many thanks for having me along on your lovely Christmassy blog. I really enjoyed re-living some favourite memories.

Paula Martin said...

Lovely Christmas memory, Carol. Your Mum-in-law must have been so appreciative of your lovely idea to take her to somewhere so magical for Christmas.