Monday 4 December 2017

Let's Get Christmassy with ... Phoebe Morgan



We’re getting festive here with some special peeps and today we get Christmassy with 

Phoebe Morgan


Hello Phoebe

Please tell us a little about you and if you are a reader, Blogger or author.



Hi Pauline! I’m a writer, and my first book, The Doll House, published in September 2017 which has been really exciting! I’m also a commissioning editor in a big five publishing house, so I get to see both sides of the process which is fascinating. And of course, I like to read – my job involves a huge amount of reading so it’s how I spend most of my time!


What is your favourite Christmas memory?

Ooh, my favourite Christmas memory is probably of looking out of the bedroom window with my two younger brothers, desperately hoping to catch a glimpse of Santa! I remember us pulling back the curtains and peeking out, imagining we could see the bright lights of his sleigh and hear the jingle of the reindeer… We used to all three share a bedroom so Christmas Eve was the most exciting night of the year, and then we’d all be up at 6am ready to bounce downstairs and open presents.


What is your favourite Christmas food?

Roast parsnips! We usually have a vegetarian Christmas so I love nut roast as well, and the best thing about it is that you can carry on eating it for days! I’ve never been a fan of Christmas pudding or cake, but I do love pulling the marzipan off and nibbling on that! My grandma always makes her own mince pies, too, which are delicious.



What is your favourite Christmas song?

It’s probably In the Bleak Mid-Winter, which sounds a tad depressing but I actually think it’s a really beautiful song. I love the image of ‘snow on snow’ and it always makes me feel really peaceful. I’m not a religious person but there’s something  magical and so lovely about singing carols in a church. I also have to confess to loving Last Christmas by Wham!


What is your favourite Christmas photo? Please tell us why



My favourite Christmas photo is of brother carrying a Christmas tree in Islington, London – this was when we were living together last Christmas which was a really lovely time. We got a little tree and decorated it – and then I accidentally knocked it all over!



You can find Phoebe at all these place too...


Twitter: Phoebe_A_Morgan
Instagram: phoebeannmorgan
Blog about writing and publishing: www.phoebemorganauthor.com
My debut novel: The Doll House




Please come back tomorrow to find out what makes Isabella May Christmas Christmassy


No comments: