Monday 5 May 2014

Windmills & Bicycles


It's been a whirlwind of a week. Last week we left our little pebble in the ocean and returned to Leiden in Holland. We lived and worked there for a number of years and our return brought back many memories. I'd forgotten how cold the wind could be! But the plus side out weighted the chilly weather as it was great to catch up with friends and work colleagues. Oddly enough the years slipped away and it seemed as if we had never been away.




We wandered round the beautiful canals and cobbled streets keeping an eye out for the thousands of bicycles that fill these narrow streets. Remembering we were one of those when we lived there. The bicycle is king in this small country which is just as well because if all those cyclist took to a car, the roads would be grid locked.



Funny how when you are having fun the days fly by and before we knew it we were heading back to the airport to check in for the two flights to bring us back home. Our suitcases were full with extra goodies, our hearts filled with the love of friends and our heads crammed with happy memories.



Now as my feet settle back on terra firma it's time to get back to writing my latest book, sadly it took a back seat whilst away, though the storyline and characters continued to shadow me. It's not been the easiest of books to write, but Kitty and Bertie Costain refuse to let me give in call it a day and write another book! So I continue to travel down their road until we reach the end.


That's my little news. I hope your week was a good one. Have a fabulous week and catch up again soon.

2 comments:

Suzy, The Grey Brunette said...

It looks gorgeous there, Pauline! I'd love to visit Holland... I've always loved the Dutch people :)
Happy writing! xx

Pauline Barclay said...

Thanks Suzy, you must go there one day it is a wonderful place with fabby peeps too. xx