Thursday 22 May 2014

At The Rainbow's End


I took this photograph last night whilst we were eating dinner. It was a surprise to see a rainbow at this time of the year because we rarely see rain until autumn at the earliest. As beautiful a sight as this was, there was nothing more than a few drops of rain that dried before it had a chance to touch the garden.

I don't know about you, but I wonder if there really is a pot of gold at the rainbow's end. Having said this, I feel maybe I did glimpse a shadow of what the pot might look like last night, as today, I woke with renewed energy to continue with my latest book. It would be a lie to say writing this book has been easy, a walk in the park it has not been! A number of times I have said, loudly, angrily and softly, that I was not going to continue, and just as I do, it begins to flow, the characters sit down and talk. Even so, I still have some way to go before I write 'The End,' but today it is working. Maybe that pot of gold is really there!

Here is a brief glimpse into my latest story.... In the Light of Day (working title) is about two people who live a life that is in principle a lie, though only one of them realises this, but not until it is too late. These characters are not in the flush of youth, both intelligent, mature and wealthy, but one holds a secret, a dark secret, that threatens to destroy everything.

Sorry, I've not given very much away, but as soon as I can, I will. As always, thanks for stopping by and have a fabulous day. And please come back soon. Until next time.


2 comments:

Rosemary Gemmell said...

What a lovely photo, Pauline. Your new novel sounds intriguing!

Rosalind Adam said...

I love the thought that the pot of gold can be a hypothetical one. Thanks for the rainbow :-)