Tuesday 18 June 2013

Lovely Reviews

This weekend saw more lovely five star reviews for Storm Clouds Gathering and Sometimes It Happens... No matter whether it is the first review or the twentieth, I still have that wonderful warm feeling and still feel very honoured that people like my books.


Full of emotion and sensitivity - The first novel of Pauline Barclay's that I have read but I will certainly read others by the same author. The background of a mid 1960s mill town is well depicted and I recognised a number of 60s references, bringing back that era to my mind. The issues of loss, betrayal and bereavement were sensitively handled. I just wonder whether Pauline managed to write this novel without tears, as there were sections where I felt that I might not be able to read any more, the emotions of painful loss were so clearly depicted.



Lovely warm feeling - Read by me and my sister, takes the sting out of a wet English summer day with some welcome sunshine.

3 comments:

Deborah Carr (Debs) said...

I'm not surprised you're happy they're lovely reviews.

Pauline Barclay said...

Hello Debs, thank you. xx

Michael Offutt, Phantom Reader said...

Congratulations!