Tuesday 24 April 2012

My lovely character, Peggy Stanton is talking with the amazing Jane Leonard over at http://famousfiveplus.blogspot.com


Peggy: 'Jane makes me feel good to be old, she's full of true grit and despite the tragedies in her life, she's still a wildly old bird.'

Peggy: Hugging her guest. ‘Hello Jane, thank you for taking the time to come along and see me. Do sit down. I know it’s been a trying time for you of late. I’m talking her from experience because I know families can create mayhem and not stop to think of the consequences.’

Jane: Sitting down opposite Peggy. ‘Never a truer word said, Peggy. I only wish I could turn the clock back, but then don’t we all from time to time.’

Peggy: Reaching forward pours two cups of tea. ‘It’s a terrible business selling your house at the best of times, but after nearly five decades it must have been impossible. How on earth did you cope with all the stress?’

Jane: Sipping her tea. ‘I nearly didn’t. Have you any idea what it’s like having strangers traipsing through your house, poking their noses into your rooms, cupboards and personal effects? Not to mention all the measuring up that went on. I can tell you Peggy when that Estate Agent hammered into my lovely lawn that great big vulgar sign, For Sale; I thought it would be the end of me.’

...... you can read our full chat over at http://famousfiveplus.blogspot.com/

See you over there.

No comments: