Monday 12 December 2011

Getting in the Mood!

I hope you had a great weekend and despite the proximity to the festive season, I hope you found sometime to chill.

This Sunday we got a little Christmassy, I uploaded my Santa smile for twitter and we put up our Christmas trees, I say trees as we have four: large, medium and two small ones - of course, not all in the same room! And as you can imagine the villa looks very festive indeed. I'm not one for trimmings, but love my trees especially at night when we can switch on the lights. During the day it is a waste of time if the sun is shinning, though as I write, it is overcast! So one of the little trees, is twinkling away on my desk.



As well as putting up the trees I've designed a Christmas poster for my beautiful three books! Now we're getting festive!

So do tell are you a tree and trimmings person or just a tree person? I hope you are enjoying the run up to Christmas.

6 comments:

Kittie Howard said...

I'm definitely a tree person and, like you, looooove the lights at night! Gotta have a bit of trim, tho, for during the day. Your poster's great!

Deborah Carr (Debs) said...

I love it when the decorations are out, so sparkly and pretty.

Liking your poster too.

Pauline Barclay said...

Hi Kittie, the lights at night are soooo looovely! I can't wait to switch them on each evening :)

Hello Debs, it's a great time of the year when we can decorate out homes so they sparkle.

Rosemary Gemmell said...

Love the santa hat, Pauline! We always have one tree which I decorate with items gathered over the years, and a little bit of tinsel. Otherwise, I mainly put up the cards and hang a few lovely Christmassy things her and there.

Francine Howarth said...

Hi,

Couldn't be without a tree! It's vital, it's pagan. ;)

Other than the tree fireplace mantels receive a bit of flash dressing along with table decorations. But no dust catchers draped around the place, except the spiral staircase. Too often we've had dogs tangled in staircase trimmings and they've ended up dragged around the house. :o

best
F

Pauline Barclay said...

Hello Rosemary, our tree also has lots of things that have been collected over the years, all adding to make this time of year special.

Hi Francine, thanks for calling by, I know what you mean about dogs getting tangled up, we have 2 and need to be careful!